- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Aberfeldy 12 is a fruity, clean and polished malt with a touch of honey and spice. An excellent introduction to this Highland distillery. Aberfeldy’s main claim to fame is as the heart of the excellent Dewar’s blend but whiskies like this are putting it firmly in the spotlight. The classic 12 Year Old Aberfeldy single malt Scotch whisky, distilled in the Highlands. While the label sadly no longer features a red squirrel, it now comes with a rather handsome black and rose-gold colour palate to match the rich, malty flavour profile.
Nose: Creamy. Some sherried fruit with a trailing hint of smoke. Fresh and fruity – freshly cut melon, green apple and pear – along with hot toast and honey with a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg.
Palate: Sweet, malty, a gentle peat but nonetheless the mouth feel is very clean. Lovely smooth texture, with rich honeyed fruit freshened up with crisp apple notes. Gentle, sweet spice adds to the complexity. Very drinkable.
Finish: Malt, a faint hint of citrus. The rich mouthfeel lingers, with the honeyed fruit lasting longest. Good balance.
Awards for Aberfeldy 12
- Gold – Highlands & Islands up to 12yo – 2015 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold – Speyside Single Malts up to 12yo – 2014 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Highland – 2017 – IWSC
- Silver Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Highland – 2014 – IWSC
- Master – Highlands & Islands up to 12yo – 2013 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver – Distillers’ Single Malts 12 years and under – 2014 – International Spirits Challenge
- Silver – Single Malt Scotch – to 12 Yrs – 2013 – San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold – Highland Single Malt 12 Years and Under – 2014 – World Whiskies Awards
- Silver – Scotch Single Malt – Highland – 2013 – IWSC
- Silver – Highlands & Islands Premium – 2018 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
What some of our whisky enthusiast friends have said about Aberfeldy 12
Quote 1 “Now when reviewing a dram one has to take a few things into consideration. Firstly what category of whisky does it fall into. Secondly its quality in relation to its price. And lastly does it deliver what it claims. Obviously it all boils down to individual preference but I feel all to often a review is unfair due to these points being overlooked. For a 12 year old highland at around this price point, this is a very nice whisky indeed. A descent level of complexity, clean well aged with a medium length finish invoking honied heather and citrus.”
Quote 2 “Nice smooth Whisky. Subtle after taste and great to sip. Albeit a bit too easy drinking. Just bought my 2nd bottle as on special”
Quote 3 “No perseverance here, it’s rich but very smooth taste is welcomed on the tongue with no hesitation and met with only plant surprise. This is possibly the best single highland malt I have had the pleasure to sample, ever! And such an appealing bottle too!”