Green Spot Single Pot Still
Our prices change literally on a daily basis, which is why we no longer list prices on our site. The best thing to do is to extract this QR code and contact us direct for today’s prices
Green Spot is a fabulous single pot still whiskey and much loved by the critics. This Irish whiskey has come far from the days when it was only sold in Mitchell’s grocer shop in the heart of Dublin, though its flavour profile is still just as robust. The whiskey has matured in a combination of first and second fill bourbon casks as well as sherry casks.
Nose: Hints of peppermint, malt, sweet barley, sugary porridge, creamy vanilla, papaya and citrus.
Palate: Spicy and soft, gentle bourbon oak, green woods, menthol, potpourri.
Finish: Creamy, long finish, vanilla.
Awards for Green Spot
- Gold-Irish Single Pot Still – Super-Premium – 2020 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold-Liquid Gold Award – 2018 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible
- Gold – Irish Single Pot Still – Premium – 2017 – The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver – Irish Pot Still Whiskey No Age Statement – 2014 – World Whiskies Awards
- Gold – Irish Single Pot Still – Premium – 2014 – The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Irish Whiskey – Single Pot Still – 2014 – IWSC
- Silver – Irish Whiskey – Single Pot Still – 2013 – IWSC
What some of our whisky enthusiast friends have said about Green Spot
Quote 1 “It draws you in with a pleasant oaky vanilla, and then immediately gives you a very delicate spice with some mild vanilla that you could easily miss if you aren’t paying attention, and then it quickly ripens into a soft tea-like bitter. Overall, very good”
Quote 2 “Amazing whiskey. It’s subtle and well composed. Great ambassador of Single Pot Still style, if you dont like it, chances are it is not style of whiskey for you. On the nose typical apples, hay and cream combo. Unmistakably Irish. Palate is sweet and developing into spice, again typically Irish SPS. The finish is medium, pleseantly fading. Goes well with expresso shot. This is one of the most important whiskeys in the world to cherish in my opinion. A yardstick for single pot still, like Redbreast or Powers Johns Lane.”
Quote 3 “I am big fan of peated and complex whisky, Lagavulin or Laphroaig are my usual go to. Sometimes, you prefer a sweet and easy dram and this Green Spot is all about that. Lovely taste and so Smooth, so fruity. Makes your hard day the beginning of a nice and pleasant evening.”